Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Fun Card for Laura's Loft


Hi everyone,

Today I am featuring a card I made from the Avery Elle "More Stories" stamp set and matching dies.
My card is being showcased today at Laura's Loft where you can buy this great stamp set and dies.
I am very proud to be a member of the Design Team at Laura's Loft.  I am in the company of many great card designers!!!

It finally turned cold and snowy here in Cleveland, Ohio so I decided to make a "Missing You Spring" card today.


For this card I cut a piece of watercolor paper to 4 3/4 inches by 3 3/4 inches. I cut two cloud shapes out of post-it-notes to make a mask.  I put some Tim Holtz Shabby Shutters and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks on my work surface.  I then took a water brush and painted then onto my watercolor paper and placed it aside to dry.  Next I stamped the fox, kite, and banner onto white cardstock with an archival ink.  I colored the fox and kite with water color brushes and stamped the missing you on the banner.  I die cut the fox, kite, and banner.  I adhered the fox and kit to the watercolor paper.  I tied small pieces of twine to the tail of the kite.  I used foam tape to pop the banner up.  I stamped the grass onto the watercolor paper with Lucky Clover distress ink and the flowers with Wilted Violet and Fossilized Amber.  After stamping, I used a water brush to give the grass and flowers the watercolored look.  I placed the watercolor paper on a black piece of cardstock and placed that onto a purple A2 card.

I hope you enjoyed my card.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.  Comments are always welcome.

The products I used for this card can be found at Laura's Loft and are linked below.

Avery Elle " More Stories" Stamps
Avery Elle "More Stories: Dies
Tim Holtz Mini Distress Ink Kits:
       #11 (shabby shutters)
       #13  (mermaid lagoon & fossilized amber)
       #15 (lucky clover & wilted violet)

There is also a challenge going on right now at Laura's Loft, so please check it out and enter one of your cards.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a crafty, card making day!!!!

Linda


No comments: